Full results are now posted here.Pictures to follow.
Before a quick precis of the results, I must once again thank a large number of people who catered for 300 eager primary school children, their teachers and their parents ( many of whom also lent a hand).
The members of Wato club came out in force once again: Pat and Veronica, Brid, Liisa, Jeni, Thomas, Norman and Elizabeth, Debbie and our honorary member, Conall (who was a great help in making sure controls were in the right place and bringing them in afterwards). Thanks to Laura for her tremendous work on the computer and the tedious task of checking the sport ident cards afterwards.
Thanks to Castlecomer Discovery park for once again hosting us.
There was little surprise that the boys school from Clonakilty and the girls school from Mallow dominated. It was pleasing to see a number of orienteering families taking some of the individual prizes.
6th class boys
1. Dan Peet (SNB Clonakilty); 2. Liam Crowley (SNB); 3. Joseph Buterfield (Scoil Mhuire, Marino, Dublin). Teams: 1. SNB; 2. Bunscoil Chroist Ri, Cork; 3. Fenor, Waterford; 4. Butlerstown, Waterford; 5. Danescastle, Carrick on Bannow, Co, Wexford; 6. Scoil Mhuire Naofa, Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork
5th class boys
1, Tim McCarthy (SNB); 2. Cuan Riordan (St Gerards, Bray, Co. Wicklow); 3. Conor Daly (SNB); 4. Jamie Magner (Killavullen, Co. Cork)
Teams: 1. SNB Clonakilty; 2. Killavullen; 3. Chroist Ri; 4. Carrigtwohill
6th class girls
1. Cliodhna Donaghy (Mary Help of Christians, Dublin); 2. Ailbhe Heffernan (Convent Primary Mallow); 3. Emma Murphy (CPM). Teams: 1. CPM Mallow; 2. Chriost Ri; 3. Butlerstown; 4. Fenor
5th class girls
1. Aislinn Callery (Scoil Mhuire, Kilsheelan, Co.Tipperary); 2. Saoirse Bell (Convent Primary Mallow); 3. Sophie Rochford (CPM). Teams: CPM; 2. Fenor
6th class pairs
1. Unknown (Kilkenny School Project); 2. Mark and Stephen (Fenor); 3. Dean and Jai (Fenor)
5th class pairs
1. Ludwig and Irving (KSP); 2. Nathan and Avery (Fenor); 3. Dennis and Tom (Fenor)