Welcome

Let me introduce myself.
My name is Andrew Cox and I am the Development Officer with the IOA (Irish Orienteering Association). One of my roles is to liaise between clubs, schools and any other stakeholders with an interest in orienteering.
I hope to post the new Schools Structure when it is approved by the IOA shortly. We are currently redrafting the final wording.
Feel free to send me queries that you have to: development@ orienteering.ie

Objective: to Develop a Schools Orienteering Program.
(The IOA Strategic Plan)
How shall the IOA do this?
a) give the development of Schools Orienteering a very high priority. This will entail the liaison with, and the lobbying of, schools, the Department of Education and other educational agencies
b) ensure each club appoints a Schools Officer to the club committee to support the orienteering effort at local schools; encourage schools to feed young orienteers into the club system.
c)promote and support the formation of Regional Schools Associations and support annual provincial and national schools Championships.
d) make and maintain contacts with education agencies in other countries.
e) support the production of maps of school grounds and parks local to schools.